'76 model roder & rorkult

Roder, roderbeslag och rorkult.

Moderator: Moderator

axipaxi

'76 model roder & rorkult

Inlägg av axipaxi »

Hej,
Jag har märkt vibrationer i min rodret och jag tycker det är dags att byta ut o-ringarna.
Här på forumet Ardina skrev:
1. Ta bort rorkult
2. Vrid roderbladet 90 grader
3. Ta bort de 3 stoppen som hindrar rodrets tappar (på rodret) att lyftas ut från infästningarna/maljorna i (på båten). Stoppen är normalt fastsatta med skruvar i främre kanten av rodret
4. Lyft av rodret. Tänk på att rodret är ganska tungt (25 kg) och stort så det kan vara en god idé att vara två personer när man lyfter av.
Sorry, but the following is too difficult to describe in Swedish:
On my boat ('76, polyester foam rudder) it looks like the stops below the hinge don't have any screws. It looks as if they're laminated in. They've probably been painted or gel-coated in with the rudder. So how does one go about with this? Drill out the (rock solid) brass screws and pull of the hinges (expensive)? Or do I cut the blocks out and epoxy the blocks back in (a bit too destructive if one considers they need to be removed on a regular basis to replace the o-rings...)

Några idéer? Tack!
Användarvisningsbild
johan swe-1870
Global moderator
Segelnummer: 1870
Båtnamn: InFinit

Re: '76 model roder & rorkult

Inlägg av johan swe-1870 »

It seems as the stop blocks one some boats are not screwed but fastened with glue, gelcoat or sealing.

I suggest you try to remove the blocks with a hammer and a chisel.

In this thread are pictures that might interest you, although the stops are screwed on on my rudder:
http://www.ifboat.com/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... t=15#p3587
The thread describes how I renovated 2 of my pintle taps, because the were worn.
Johan Winberg, SWE 1870 InFinit
axipaxi

Inlägg av axipaxi »

Tack så mycket, Johan.
Taking a hammer and chisel to the rudder seems somewhat daunting but better than trying to undo the undo-able screws.
Your images are much appreciated because I need to take out the lower pintle tap, too. Not because the tap is worn (I hope) but because I've discovered rot in its wooden gudgeon block on top of the keel. I was thinking of simply injecting CPES into the wood because cutting and grinding down there from the inside seems to be almost impossible. Will post my experiences as to how it went.
Användarvisningsbild
maja

Inlägg av maja »

You do not remove any pintle taps. Put the rudder blade at rudder 90 degrees angle, remove the stops by unsrewing the screws in the middle of the stop or using a hammer and a chisel and lift the rudder. (You have to p´be 2 persons to lift).

Thereafter you can dismount the fitting to the boat from the inside.
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983
Skriv svar